OCI N.V. H1 2015 Results
27 August 2015
Gaining Momentum in 2015
Summary of Consolidated Results for H1 2015 compared to H1 2014:
- Revenue decreased 11.4% from $ 1,298.1 million to $ 1,149.5 million
- Net income from continuing operations increased 111.7% from $49.5 million to $ 104.8 million
- Like-for-like EBITDA increased 2.7% from $ 361.7 million to $ 371.6 million
- Total own product volume sold decreased 2.4% in H1 2015 and increased 24.8% in Q2 2015 compared to the same periods last year Net debt stood at $ 4,115.6 million as of 30 June 2015
- Recently announced combination agreement with CF to create global nitrogen leader
- OCI Beaumont successfully completed expansion project, restarted operations in April 2015
- Acquisition of BioMCN, a methanol producer and pioneer in bio-methanol in The Netherlands in June 2015
- Successfully completed the demerger of the Construction business in March 2015
- Construction at Natgasoline LLC 24.0% complete as at 31 July 2015
- Construction at Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) 89.7% complete as at 30 June 2015
Statement from the Chief Executive Officer – Nassef Sawiris:
We made good progress during the first half of the year and in particular in the second quarter. OCI Beaumont has at times been running above its new design capacity since it restarted in April, there was some improvement in the gas situation at EFC compared to the first quarter, and Sorfert and OCI Nitrogen reported a solid performance. We expect a better second half, as OCI Beaumont will be able to produce at the increased capacity levels and we expect higher utilization rates in Egypt from the fourth quarter onwards upon arrival of a second LNG import vessel. Construction at IFCo and Natgasoline LLC is progressing well and IFCO is now within months of starting production.
Earlier this month, we announced an agreement with CF Industries to combine a number of OCI’s businesses with CF’s global assets, another transformational transaction following the demerger of our Construction business in March. This opportunity allows our shareholders to participate directly in the emergence of a new global leader in nitrogen with unparalleled growth prospects. OCI itself will remain a platform for future growth and investments. Our retained fertilizer and methanol assets have significant upside potential. Sorfert is highly cash generative and continues to deleverage rapidly. We are optimistic about prospects for our Egyptian plants, especially in a lower gas price environment conducive for accelerated gas imports for supply to industry. Post-transaction, we anticipate OCI to have the balance sheet strength and financial flexibility to drive our strategy through the next phase of growth and value creation, building on an investment track record of a shareholder IRR of c.40% achieved in the past 15 years.
Conference call information
An investors and analysts conference call will be hosted on Thursday 27th August at 3:30 PM CET (2:30 PM BST, 9:30 AM EDT) by Nassef Sawiris, Chief Executive Officer, and Salman Butt, Chief Financial Officer.
The dial-in numbers for the conference call are:
Standard International: +44 (0) 1452 555566
United Kingdom FreeCall: 0800 6940257
Netherlands FreeCall: 08000 235 091
United States FreeCall: 1 (866) 966 9439
Conference ID: 22145061
A conference call replay will be available following from 18:00 BST Friday 28th August until 25th September 2015.
The replay access numbers are:
Standard International: +44 (0) 1452 550 000
Netherlands: 08000 234 610
United States: 1 (866) 247 4222
Conference ID: 22145061