We are a leading global producer and distributor of nitrogen products providing sustainable solutions to agricultural and industrial customers around the world.
Our production capacity spans four continents and comprises approximately 16.1 million metric tons per year of nitrogen fertilizers, methanol, diesel exhaust fluid, melamine, and other nitrogen products.
We employ approximately 3,600 people and are listed on Euronext in Amsterdam under the symbol “OCI”.
A history to be proud of
OCI N.V. has grown from a small family-run construction business into a global producer and distributor of nitrogen products and methanol.
Onsi Sawiris founded a construction company, which he built into one of Egypt's largest general contractors.
Onsi Sawiris transferred control to his son, Nassef Sawiris, who embarked upon an ambitious diversification strategy through investments in complementary businesses including cement and building materials.
The company became Orascom Construction Industries S.A.E. (OCI S.A.E.) and was floated on the Egyptian Exchange at a value of $ 600 million.
First entered the nitrogen fertilizer industry by acquiring a 60% stake in Egypt Basic Industries Corporation (EBIC), acquiring 100% of Egyptian Fertilizers Company, and beginning construction of Sorfert Algérie.
Entered the European nitrogen fertilizer market by acquiring 100% of Royal DSM’s nitrogen fertilizer and melamine assets in the Netherlands, which we renamed OCI Nitrogen, and 100% of an ammonia terminal at the port of Rotterdam, which we renamed OCI Terminal Europoort (OTE).
Established our North American presence to become a truly global player in both the nitrogen fertilizer and industrial chemicals sectors:
- acquired 100% of Pandora Methanol in Texas, USA, which we renamed OCI Beaumont.
- began the construction of Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo), the first nitrogen fertilizer plant built in the United States in nearly 30 years.
Redomiciled to the Netherlands as OCI N.V., and listed on the NYSE and Euronext in Amsterdam.
Achieved significant production capacity growth through several projects, including:
- adding 25% capacity at OCI Beaumont through a debottlenecking project,
- acquiring BioMCN, a methanol producer and pioneer in bio-methanol in the Netherlands,
- beginning production at IFCo, and
- announcing the development of Natgasoline, one of the world’s largest greenfield methanol plants, in Texas, USA.
Demerged the construction business to form Orascom Construction (OC) through a repayment of capital to shareholders. OC was listed on the NASDAQ Dubai as an independent company on 9 March 2015.
Focused on the development of our renewable products by doubling methanol production capacity in Europe and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) production capacity at IFCo, and adding DEF capacity in Egypt.
Grew our global supply chain platforms by establishing:
- N-7 LLC, a North American marketing joint venture with Dakota Gasification Company (DGC), to market and distribute more than 4.5 million metric tons per year of nitrogen fertilizers, industrial ammonia, and DEF; and
- OCI Methanol Marketing (OMM) to effectively market methanol and bio-methanol through a global distribution platform that optimizes our trade flows and enhances netback pricing, including through value creative swaps.
Established Fertiglobe, a first-of-its-kind export platform that combines ADNOC’s fertilizer business into OCI’s Middle East and North Africa (MENA) nitrogen fertilizer platform to create the world's largest exporter of nitrogen fertilizers.
Our purpose and values
OCI is committed to the principles of good corporate governance through which we ensure the business is managed with integrity and efficiency, thereby maximizing the profitability and long-term value of the company.